The fruits and signs that revival has come include:
- True repentance brought on by the Holy Spirit; Jesus becomes not just Savior, but Lord over every area.
- Focus on the presence of God, knowing Him and His word.
- Falling in love with Jesus; not getting drunk on visions or gifts.
- A grateful heart of worship; God multiplies our faith by His word and faith works by love.
- We are delivered from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not striving about fear or emotions, but looking steadfastly upon Jesus, living by faith in Him that we may please God by Him in us.
- Our eyes are permanently fixed in love on Christ Jesus, not the law or our own "good" deeds, because Jesus is the author and perfector of our faith.
Romans 8:1-17 (New American Standard Bible)
Deliverance from Bondage
1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
10If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
12So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--
13for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. [Remember, there is no male or female in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28]
15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
17and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.